If you have been looking for an answer to how to gain weight fast, you need to prepare yourself for it and take up the challenge. Are you one of the those skinny boys who have fast metabolism and no matter how much you want to, you cannot gain weight. How to gain weight fast for boys? There is no magic trick but some things that can ensure that you’ll do it in some time.
Putting on weight is equally difficult as losing weight. If you are up for 10-day weight gain challenge, here’s everything you need to find on how to gain weight for boy in 10 days naturally.
Eat like hulk
No one can gain weight by eating a little. Therefore, you have to eat more. However, eating more does not mean you stock up on fatty and oily food that will only make you feel sluggish and will at best give you a paunch. The trick lies in eating healthy, high calorie foods that are powered with carbohydrates, protein and healthy fat.
- Food items rich in carbohydrates: Rice, pasta, breads, potatoes, beans, yams, fruits, vegetables, oatmeal.
- Foods items rich in proteins: Chicken, steaks, lean beef, eggs, salmon, milk and cottage cheese.
- Food items rich in healthy fat: Olive oil, avocados, nuts, peanut butter and flax oil.
Eat on time
If you need to gain weight fast, your eating schedule has to be overhauled. The how to gain weight for boys fails when you don’t comply with the following.
- Eat every 2 to 3 hours. Moreover, start eating 15 minutes after you wake up and make sure you are not just eating a bowl of cornflakes.
- Have a big breakfast. Eat paranthas with yoghurt, fruits, a glass of milk or even a big cheese and egg sandwich. However, in this eating frenzy, don’t forget to keep yourself hydrated.
- Drink water too!
A small plate, bowl and glass are meant for small eaters. Now that you have decided to make the move from being the skinny boy to the bulky dude, we say change your crockery.
- Bigger plates mean bigger portions. More portions mean more food and more food means weight gain!
- Along with that, make sure that you load up your refrigerator with healthy food. Keep fresh fruits, some processed meat, milk and juices. Hog when you like!
Incorporate health drinks
Along with food you need health drinks such as protein shakes to build muscle mass while working out. Drink protein shakes at least twice a day and also chomp on protein biscuits. There are enough varieties available at health food stores to keep your enthusiasm and appetite going!
Track your calories
In order to successfully gain weight fast, you need to eat at least your weight into 20 kcals. Therefore, include calorie dense foods into your diet.
- A 100 gm of peanut, for example has more than 500 kcal and 100 gm white pasta is 380 kcal.
- Make sure you know the calorie count of what you are eating so that you can eat more.
Know your workout basics
If you think you only need to eat to put on weight, you are wrong to think so. Working out is equally important as eating healthy. Create a workout program with weight gain exercises such as twist curls, squats, dips and deadlifts. Consult a fitness trainer or better do it in their guidance.
Never exercise on an empty stomach because it will hamper the process of weight gain. Have a protein shake and some fruits before hitting the gym. Also make sure that your trainer knows you are there to build muscle mass and not lose weight. Follow these basic rules to gain muscle mass easily:
- Free weights are the best way to gain muscle mass. Start with lighter weights and then keep adding the weight as your resistance increases.
- Squats are another important exercise for boys trying to gain weight.
- Dead lifts, bench press, overhead lifts, pull-ups and dips are other exercises that can help you gain weight and muscle mass.
- Remember that muscles grow when the body is resting. Therefore, do not exercise everyday.
The most important thing to remember about gaining weight fast is to track your progress in order to keep yourself motivated. Take pictures to know the difference and/or keep a journal to write about you are going through in the process. A positive outlook about gaining weight will reap results!
When it is comes to how to gain weight fast for skinny teenage guys, the challenge requires dedication and consistent effort. Don’t waste time pondering over the fact how to gain weight fast, but do the necessary leaving no stone unturned in the process. It is a difficult challenge and will test your discipline. Stay motivated to clear the hurdle and gain weight.
If you are underweight, you may come up against several health concerns. Stunted growth, weak immune mechanism, weakening of muscles and lack of energy are among the concern skinny boys may face. If you’re concerned about your weight, you should try to incorporate the aforementioned. If you struggle to gain weight despite all the effort, you must consult your health care provider. Sometimes it is because of the deficiency of vital nutrients that your body needs to work properly, for muscle growth and bone development.
Image source: Shutterstock